Friday, October 05, 2007

My page in the Bunco Mom's Recipes Book

Here is my mom dressed up for church (she was a preacher's wife) wearing her rhinestone pin and all.
Then I am on the bottom page on my first day of Kindergarten in Cottonwood, California.
One of the recipes I used is for a kidney bean salad. I still love this salad and make it regularly. It is so quick to put together. Here it is:

1 can kidney beans, do not drain
1/2 cup chopped onion, red, white or yellow
1 cup cheddar cheese, chopped into little cubes
Dill pickles, about 2 to 3 large, more if they are small
Add 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, or more if you like
Mix up and eat. I like it better at room temp, so I eat it before refrigerating.


So I hope you have enjoyed reading about my recipe book. I am not that great of a cook, so normally a recipe book would not be my thing...but what is my thing is the "creating using old family photos." So this project appealed to me.

Thanks to those of you have taken the time to post comments. I love them! Watch for my next entry that will explain why I have not been bloggin much lately...it is very exciting to me!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: