Sunday, May 06, 2007

General Store Cabinet

This vendor specializes in General Store pieces. I loved this cabinet. It would be so fun to fill up, huh?
And believe me it would not take me long to fill it to the brim with trims, laces, buttons, jars of this 'n' that, old books, crocks and whatever else I could stick in it. I would like it better if it was not painted. I am more a fan of natural wood, well, with a dark stain, or old and worn looking.
This was one of my favorite booths at the Custer Anqitue Show.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi I am lucy from the Netherlands. A few weeks ago I was visiting the States. My friend Bonnie and me hit a lot of antique malls on the road to Paducah . I love this picture and the antique nine patch quilt folded in the cabinet is awesome !!

Tina Leavy said...

looks terrific. I'd have it filled up in no time too with frillies and pretties.