Saturday, December 20, 2008

Candy Cane Striped "THE MERCANTILE"

"M" is for Mercantile.
Oh my...did I ever fall for these delicious letters at Joanne's. I absolutely adore red and white together...it is so CHRISTMASY. I wanted to buy the whole rack of letters...My budget would not allow for that. So then I had to think of what I wanted to spell so I could take some of these letters home with me. I came up with my little business name "THE MERCANTILE" figuring at least I can leave them up all year in my studio. If I spelled out Merry Christmas, then they would have to come down after the sweet holiday.

When I got home with the letters I found that I had missed the 'L,' so I could not even spell it out! ARGH! A few days later on one of hubby's trips into town he went by there and got me the 'L.' He said they are now on sale, only 50 cents each. I do love a sale. I even considered waiting when I bought them until they went on sale...but that would likely mean that all of the letters I would want would be gone...so I bought them anyway.

Now if I hung these in my studio for a pic of them, you would have a heard time reading them...admittedly there is a lot in there making it hard to see anything with a pattern. So I hung them on my old theater seats on my back porch. This part of the porch is free of snow because it is pretty far under the eaves.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: