Saturday, March 10, 2007

What is tall, green, pretty? These cute boxes!

I believe these great looking canisters were gift boxes at one time. I think they are probably from the 1960's or 1970's by looking at the design on them. The design is neat, but not really my personal taste...so they will get covered with some vintage sheet music. I have some very, very old music books that I found at a yard sale about 10 years ago. I have used them on a very few special projects over the years...but I think these cans have held up well and they deserve the special old sheet music. Plus the music books are tall and the sheets will fit perfectly on these tall cans. The end caps are painted a smoothe sage green...my color! After I cover them I will add some vintage doo dahs of interest. Then they can be ready to hold whatever may find it's way into my studio that may need a place to land.
I will post pictures of them after they are covered and decorated. So watch for them. Oh and I will keep the labels on them...this makes them so quaint and look like they might be right from a Mercantile shelf...which is the look I am after.
I got these boxes at the thrift shop I volunteer at. I am so blessed to be able to volunteer there. I do it for my Lord Jesus...it is one small way I can give back for all He has done for me. AND finding treasures is one of the perks of spending time there. It is a also fun! I really do enjoy myself there.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary L. Briggs said...

What a neat idea to cover them in vintage sheet music! I can't wait to see the results.