Sunday, April 20, 2008

Americana Snack Time

It was my turn to provided the snack for our DAR meeting last Friday. So since Senator Craig's wife was our guest speaker I thought I would use an Americana theme for the table decorations. I have been collecting some of these things for many years, so it was fun to be able to use them for this occasion.
The snacks I chose were: strawberries, organic pretzels, cream puffs, chocolate chip, macadamia nut, and oatmeal raisin cookies. All foods from Costco. I used my blue old bowls in keeping with the red, white, & blue theme.
I hung an American flag as the backdrop, then used flags, signs, an old book on the Founders of our Country, a vintage alarm clock, telephone, puzzle, old hat, song book, and a red garland to finish it off.
It was fun to put it all together and have it turn out nicely. The members were so very kind by giving me compliments on my decor and snack choices.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Good job!