Tuesday, June 10, 2008


Here is a fine looking couple in their grocery store. I do not know who they are or where this is, wish I did.I collect general store photos and memorabilia, so this spoke to me when I saw it. It actually was just laying on a counter at a 31 church 'once a month' rummage sale. I ask about it and none of the ladies knew where it came from. I wanted to buy it, so they said they would find out about it for me. I got a call from them a couple of weeks later saying 'to come and get it.' No charge. How nice, I thought.So I share it with you today.Oh, I do long for things to be like this again...I really do. I miss my childhood and the way things were in the 1950's and 60's. Simple things like "The Little Market" which was our little corner grocery. That divine place had a soda fountain counter in it...I did not know what I was experiencing. We could buy an ice cream cone for 5 cents, that was single scoop. I do not remember ever getting any more than a single. The family budget was tight. But that was still such a treat...I still love ice cream today. Rocky Road is my very favorite, even with all of those great flavors out there. I think it is because it what we got as a kid. We basically had vanilla, chocolate or rocky road, strawberry, and neopolitan to choose from back then.[Photo]

No comments: