Sunday, December 23, 2007

DAR...I'm in


This is the best news for me...my paperwork & application to be a member of the DAR have been verified! This has been a long time coming and I am so thrilled that I made it. So in January I get my number. Then I believe that in February when the Continental Congress meets it becomes official. When the registrar announced this at our meeting on Friday the members all got very excited for me. I have been going to these meetings for a couple of years while waiting on this. I actually started about 6 or more years ago and then had some stumbling points in my research and also in my life so I quite for a while. I am glad I came back and followed through on it this time
because it worked out. So yeah me! (This is something my daughter, Sarah always says.) So we all say it now. Above is the booklet for local chapter, which is Lt. George Farragut.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know very little about the DAR, except for what it stands for. You'll have to tell me more sometime. :D

DownBranchRoad said...

Congratulations! I am working on my paperwork but I am coming against so many block that I get discouraged.