Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gifts from Lou


These are some of the lovely things my dear friend, Lou, brought me yesterday. She knows I love the vintage things. The earrings have little ice skates on them. On some years I put up a whole tree of snowmen...crazy, huh? So these little guys will go on that tree when it goes up again. The wreaths are reminesent of the 1940's. Funny, that bag is of that same pattern that the tins I bought are in.
I forgot to put the candy cane sign in this photo. I goes great with the red and white I am drawn to.
Lou is one of the first people I met when I moved to North Idaho over 15 years ago. We have been the best of friends every since. We can talk about 'anything' and I do mean 'anything.' What a great feeling it is to have a friend like this. She has prayed with me over the years for my children and that has been such a blessing. She is a real woman of God and lives her faith. I wish she lived closer to me, though. She lives south of town, just far enough that I do not just drop by, as it is a little trek to her place. Her home is very woodsy, as her hubby is a great hunter and there is 'kill' all over the place. It is like a lodge in the woods there. She likes vintage goods, so they are there as well. Thanks, Lou, for being such a dear, Godly woman and blessing in my life.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: