Saturday, December 08, 2007

Pretty Paper Garlands


Check out these pretty paper garlands...they look like candy. These would also be SO easy to make yourself, if you have some pretty papers. Just cut the strips, then cut them again using a pinking shear or any fancy-cut scissor. Then make the chain loops using a stapler.
When I was in Alaska this past summer, the grandkids and I made some red, white, and blue chains for the 4th of July. They turned out pretty cute. I am partial to paper chains...why?...well, again it is because it reminds me of my childhood. We made these in school and I would make them at home too. I was a crafting fool even when I was a child.
I sure do wish my grandchildren lived close to me so we could make some fun Christmas chains in red and white striped papers! Then I need to spray them with tea to give them that 'old' look. Maybe I have talked myself into doing them. Sounds kinda fun!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: