Monday, April 09, 2007

Trunk full of Vintage Crepe Paper

Fortunate for me I got this old suitcase full of vintage crepe paper for free...yes free! We cleaned out a house, that we were actually looking at to buy. Then we did buy it for an investment and there were some treasures left in there. My husband did help the people withclean up and taking trips to the dump. So they said we could have whatever was left. I guess a thrift shop and an auction place had been there...but I betcha a dollar they did not get down and go through the boxes and bags like I did...teehee. I do have to say that I am a scavenger...even though I am a germ-a-phob. Yes, the two can mix. I just keep my hands away from my face...it is getting the germs in my mouth that disgusts me. So it can pay off to get down and dirty. I found most of the treasures in the basement...kinda creepy. This little suitcase is not in the best shape, but what it held is great. Lots of green crepe paper, with some nice other colors mixed in. Plus two boxes with some precut tissue papers to make flowers from. Oh what fun things I will make from these!
There are still some things in the shop there, like old drawers with neat handles...these will be for sale at the Past Blessings Antique Show in May.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: