Monday, December 11, 2006


Here is the napkin ring made using a cardboard tube. I covered it with old sheet music and tea stained the paper. I cut out 3" stars and glittered them as I did the ornaments in last post. Then they are attached, I used hot glue to do this. The banner is the theme verse from the tea (James 1:17), I printed it out on parchment paper and glued to the back of the stars before attaching the stars to the tube.
I pulled the linen napkins, which were all bought at yard sales, through the tube and wallah... On a side note I am amazed at how we get linen napkins. I learned about this process on my recent trip to the east coast by visiting the Staunton Living History Center in Virginia. More on that in a later post...so check back.
I layed them on the plates for the ladies to enjoy and use. They fit right in with the table decor and added to the elegance.
I love to create and it is great when I can share what I have made with others. Hope you enjoyed reading about my tea decorating. Merry Christmas! Oh...I do so love Christmas...it is exhilerating!!! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice, so festive!!! Love your blog too!