Saturday, December 16, 2006

Snowy Tiered Stand Houses Vintage Churches

This scene on four tiers evokes a winter wonderland. The wooden tree with cotton batting as the snow hold a variety of churches. These churches were found at yard and rummage sales over the years.
They so so remind me of the Christmas's of my childhood when it seems every home had them as part of their Christmas decorations. They are so simple in design and mateials, but are so rich in meaning.
A few of these churches are newer as designers and production company's rush to bring all of us the Christmas's of an earlier time. I am so glad they are.
I've added both green and creamy white bottle brush trees in varing sizes to complete the look.
On the bottom tier there is a sled with a winter driver and white deer to pull it along snowy roads.
The snowman to the left of the wooden tree holds a snowflake towards the sky as if to say, "Let it snow."
The crock with the blue bird to the left comes from a great general store in Bird In Hand, Pennsylvania. We found it while on our travels back east this past fall. It is filled with fresh evergreens. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found my way to your blog from MJ's Farm Conn.

Your decorations are wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your church building collection, and the way you display them!